Sunday, August 18, 2013

This is my friend Deb.  
 
Today she posted this note on Facebook about this sign that I made her this week.

Things like this make me extremely happy!
 


"Not the greatest lighting and an iPhone do not do this sign justice. The cream on black looks great against a red wall. Yep. I got the first Little Red Porch "Eucharisteo sign" sign. Thanks, Pam Thompson Voorhies .

I fell in love with this word when I read the book. (You guys know which one.) Being a voracious reader and a bit of a writer, I love the very word itself. I love the sound of it, the rhythm of it, not to mention the meaning of it.

The Greek word and it's derivatives sum up so much. Eucharisteo. Thanksgiving. And at it's base, it's core.... Charis. Grace. Chara. Joy.

Gratitude is *not* just an attitude. (Oh, how I love platitudes. ;-)) It is a practice. It requires action, even if only to actually say the words thank you. (Thank you is a powerful prayer.) And it's something I forget.

Grace. Those who know me very long, or pay much attention, know that God does for me what I cannot do for myself every single day. (Well, more than one thing.) And it's powerful to remember that 'all is grace.' It's all a gift. In Him I live, and move, and have my being. Even down to my very breath, it's all a gift. Grace just blows me away on a regular basis.

Joy. Unspeakable joy. He doesn't just give joy, He IS joy. Deep, abiding joy. As long as I can remember to remember......

1000 gifts? #673: My friend Pam creating art for my home that will help remind me that all is grace, to practice gratitude, to live in joy, and just how immensely I am loved.

Take a seat on the Little Red Porch and tell us....
What's the story behind your sign? Why did you choose your word/verse/names/phrase?"




Thanks Deb for taking the time to share your "sign story".  
Love Ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment